on tackling a new/old house

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Kitchen, tile counters and backsplash wall


Here's how the kitchen tile turned out on the counter tops.  We went with an epoxy grout and while this looks really nice I don't think I'll have tile counter tops again.  You can also see our way cool cork flooring!  I wondered how this was going to hold up in a potentially wet area but so far it's been great going on a year and half.

I built the backsplash and assembled and installed all the cabinets.  Steve helped with some of the assembly but when it came time to hang them on the wall it was all on me.  Did I mention old houses aren't level or plumb?

The white backsplash is a set of shelves where we store books, maps, games, and other things we like to have handy at the dining table.  This photo doesn't show the shelves but they're there in later posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home